“I just love being in a profession that can change someone’s quality of life. It is a great privilege to treat people and see them improve in function and be able to play sport or do an activity beyond their expectations.”
Catherine has a Bachelor of Science majoring in Anatomy and Physiotherapy. Graduating in 1984, she continued on to study post graduate sports physiotherapy in 1988. Her vision to continue working as a clinician and help the community to live better, gave her the inspiration to open her business “Moore Health” in 1995.
With over 25 years of clinical experience in private practice, Catherine continues to study and learn in a dynamic profession that is advancing rapidly. More recently she has studied and become a certified Ridgway Method (RM) Practitioner which utilises the latest hands on therapy and evidence based practices to achieve rapid results. As a result of her constant education regimes, Catherine has a wealth of experience and knowledge in the area of diagnosis, assessment and exercise rehabilitation for people with spinal, lower limb and shoulder complaints. In 2010 Catherine was commissioned by Healthworks to write two booklets “Your Body at Work” and “Injury Prevention”. Also in 2010 Catherine developed the Moore Health “Feel Good” Exercise Program of which there are now 12 classes per week in the clinic.
- Diagnosis and assessment that evaluates all the possible contributing factors to the condition as well as goal setting to maximise lifestyle health
- Holistic and individual approach to client management in order to get fast and reliable results
- Continuing to update within the physiotherapy industry with new and advanced methods for injury treatment, prevention and education
- Creating a mentoring program for physiotherapists to enable them to develop confident hands on skills, problem solving strategies and help them make a difference to each individual client
- Catherine regularly conducts seminars at workplaces with a focus on ergonomics and workplace injury prevention
- Presentations to sporting clubs and groups discussing prevention of injury and healthy lifestyle
Catherine is committed to helping people learn how to take care of their physical body through regular exercise, healthy diet and lifestyle. Catherine loves to travel to exotic places with her husband, Graham as well as staying fit and playing tennis.